View the Bradford Forster Academy prospectus here
Year 7 Intake September 2019
Year 7 Intake September 2019
The application process for admissions opens each year in September and closes on the 31st October with National Offer day on the 1st March. Applications can be made online with Bradford Education or paper copies are available on request directly from Bradford Education.
Anyone wishing to appeal their school place must return the appeal form to Bradford Education by 29th March 2019 with appeals heard between May and July.
All children with a statement of special educational needs or Educational Health & Care Plan that names Bradford Forster Academy will be admitted, if places are available.
Click to see:
Please download the document below to transfer during the 2018-19 academic year
Click to see In Year Applications
Applications Supported by a Supplementary Form
A supplementary form can be used to support applications for those applying for a Christian faith academy place or the child of a member of staff.
- Applications must be supported by completion of the Supplementary Information Form and Minister’s Confidential Reference Form to show that the child and/or parent /carer attend church on average on two occasions or more each month for a period of two years prior to the closing date for applications.
- Children who have had a service of baptism, blessing or dedication within a Christian church. A copy of the child’s Baptism Certificate will be required (for definition of Christian see footnote 1)
- Children of a member of staff: I. where the member of staff has been employed at the academy for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or II. the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
The supplementary form can also be found at the back of the admissions policy.
Where can I get more help or advice?
Read the Guide for Parents about Admission Arrangements booklet, which you can download (follow the link below) or get from Bradford Council’s Education Services or any primary school:
- Bradford Forster Academy – Phone or email Claire Wright 01274 302400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Authority School Admissions Team – Phone on 01274 439200 or email email@example.com
- Write to the School Admissions Team at Education Services, Margaret McMillan Tower, Princes Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN
- Appointments can be made to speak to an adviser at the School Admissions Team by calling 01274 439200
Admissions September 2019
We are delighted to welcome you and your child to Bradford Forster Academy. I am very pleased that you have chosen our Academy for your child’s education and am confident that by working together, we can ensure that they have a happy and successful time here.
By now all new starters should have brought to the academy office the following:
- Admissions Data Check Sheet
- School Visit Consent Form
- Locker agreement form
- Birth certificate
- £5 Locker Deposit
Once we have all your completed documents we will provide you with a school uniform voucher for the value of £26. All new starters are entitled to this and the voucher can be spent at Natasha’s schoolwear or Rawcliffes in Bradford town centre.
If you have any questions or require help completing the forms, please do not hesitate to contact the academy using the contact details at the bottom of this letter.